Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Uniter Bio

Hello, my name is Katie Haig-Anderson and I’m running for Vice President Advocate. I am a recent International Development Studies graduate, and have been the coordinator of the UWSA Womyn’s Centre for the last two years. I have also learned about social justice and political organizing through involvement in Katimavik and FemRev.
I think that one of the great strengths of the UWSA is that it strives to build a socially and environmentally responsible campus. I am committed to maintaining and further developing this strength. I will also work to expand UWSA visibility, and to create open dialogue between students and their union.
Another priority of mine would be to continue the UWSA’s work making university affordable and accessible. I also think the UWSA has an important role in enriching student life, and I would strive to create lots of opportunities for fun and learning outside the classroom.
As VPA, my job would be to represent and advocate for you. I’d love to hear from you, so email me at katieforvpa@gmail.com, and learn more about me and my campaign at www.katieforvpa.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment